Sunday, September 17, 2017

The Proving By Beverly Lewis




Amish Fiction's #1 Author Presents a Touching Story of Perseverance and Second Chances
Amanda Dienner hasn't seen her Old Order family in five years when she receives word that her mother has passed away and left her Lancaster County's most popular Amish bed-and-breakfast. Now an Englisher, Mandy is shocked: Her twin sister should have been the obvious choice! What's more, the inheritance comes with a catch: The farmhouse inn will only truly be hers if she is able to successfully run it for twelve consecutive months.

Mandy accepts the challenge even though it means returning to Gordonville and the painful memories she left behind at eighteen. Still, she's determined to prove she is more than capable of running the bed-and-breakfast, no matter that its loyal clientele are expecting an Amish hostess!

The inn isn't Mandy's sole test, however. Rubbing shoulders with her married twin sister reopens wounds that Mandy isn't ready to forgive. And an Englisher guest with a difficult past of her own just complicates matters. 

Can Mandy fulfill the terms of her inheritance? Or will this year in Amish country prove a dreadful mistake?

Pick up your copy Here...
 
 


I've had my nose in a book, for as long as I remember. When I was about 9 years old, I started writing my own stories. By sixth grade, I'd hand-written a 66-page semi-autobiographical book titled, "She Shall Have Music."

After I was married and our three children were in middle school, I began submitting articles and short fiction to various magazines.

My first book (Holly's First Love) was published in May 1993, the start of a 14-book series for pre-teen girls. Soon after, my first chapter book was published for 7-10-year-old readers ("Big Bad Beans") which later became part of my 24-book series, The Cul-de-Sac Kids. I wrote another long-running series for girls, titled "SummerHill Secrets," which was set very close to Neffsville, PA, where I grew up--near the heart of Amish country.


When I'm between writing deadlines, I enjoy hiking in the Rocky Mountains with my husband. Cooking from scratch, playing Mozart at the piano, and making family memory albums, as well as traveling to meet my devoted readers during book tours, are some of my very favorite things. I also adore reading biographies and memoirs, as well as classic literature.

My Thoughts...
 
I would love to get away and stay at the Butterfly Meadows B and B for a few weeks. Enjoy the plain life and slow down some. This was a very good story and I enjoyed all of the characters so much.
Lewis writes Amish fiction like no other Amish fiction writer. Her writing style is all her own and never a dull moment in the stories. I hope that you enjoy the twins story and the happy every after ending.
I do wish that the book had been a little bit longer I would love to know how Mandy and  Karl's story ends.
I gave The Proving 5 stars. I HIGHLY recommend it. Fresh Amish Fiction!
The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are our own. 

22 comments:

  1. Mary, I loved your review. I will be getting a copy of this one if I dont win it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Beverly Lewis. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife loves Beverly. She will be excited to know she has a new book out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will see if my library can get this one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, I can't wait to read it. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Amish books. I can't wait to meet the in Butterfly Meadows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Review. You post really good books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always wanted to stay at a B and B. I can't wait to visit this one through the pages.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is my favorite author. Well one of my favorite authors. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make this book sound really good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I Jones to read another book by her immediately after I finish one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of my most favorite Amish authors! So naturally, this is a must read for me. Thanks Mary for this great review!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beverly Lewis was the author who first introduced me to Amish when I started looking for Christian fiction years ago. I love her writing and I'm very excited about her new one!! Thanks for the lovely review, I always know I'm in for a treat with Beverly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love your review Mary, I am excied to buy this one and get started on it right away.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This one sounds like one that I would love to get away in for a few hours. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Put my name in the hat please. I want to read this one for sure. I will put it in my cart in case I don't win it. That way I won't forget to get me a copy of it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved your review! I absolutely agree with you on it. I too would love to get away to a place like the Butterfly Meadows!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes Please !!!!!! Love to read this book !!! Blessings ,DanaGirl

    ReplyDelete