Monday, October 2, 2017

Colors of Christmas By Olivia Newport


Celebrate the joyful hope of the Christmas season as characters find healing in the midst of heartbreak.
New from Olivia Newport!

Christmas in Blue
In the wake of a personal loss deeper than anyone realizes, Angela plans to bypass as much of the season as possible and get through her duties as the church organist by going on autopilot. Instead, she finds herself in charge of the town’s celebration. After a mysterious young man arrives, townspeople suspect he is the reason that one set of plans after another disintegrate until little is left of their traditions. Yet Angela warms to Gabe because she suspects they share a secret—his real reason for coming to town. Even when all they have to work with is a garish supply of blue Christmas decorations, Gabe helps Angela discover the hidden beauty of hope.

Christmas in Gold
After eighty years, change is nothing new for Astrid. By the time she was twenty, she survived the destructive Nazi regime, caring for her family under brutal circumstances, moving to America, and losing her husband. At forty she was widowed again and left to build a new life with her children. Now, when she faces a move into an assisted living community and meets a young woman on the brink of despair, she resolves to stir up hope through tragedy one more time.

Pick up your copy here...



Olivia Newport’s novels twist through time to find where faith and passions meet. Her husband and twentysomething children provide welcome distraction from the people stomping through her head on their way into her books. She chases joy in stunning Colorado at the foot of the Rockies, where daylilies grow as tall as she is.

My Thoughts...
 
Two novellas and both have you getting excited for Christmas. Of the two my favorite was the first one Christmas in Gold. Newport has out done herself with this one. Both are stories of hope and that is what we need more of. 
This is a feel good read and you are going to want to read it each year as you get ready for Christmas. You will feel at home with the characters.
I gave the book 4 stars. I call this book the stories of HOPE.
 The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are our own.

17 comments:

  1. This is one that is going in my cart. thanks Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one can't wait to read this one. I'm excited to add it to my to be read pile. I loved your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise, You are the WINNER! I will get your book right out to you!

      Delete
  3. Christmas was all you had to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to check my library for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to read these! Thanks Mary for this review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have opportunity to read/review this through NetGalley. I enjoyed your take on it, Olivia is a great writer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Christmas books so much, glad you told us about this one, I have been waiting for your review of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes Please !!!!!!!!!! Blessings DanaGirl

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm currently reading this and loving it! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete