Thursday, October 12, 2017

Lady Jayne Disappears By Joanna Davidson Politano


When Aurelie Harcourt's father dies in debtor's prison, he leaves her just two things: his wealthy family, whom she has never met, and his famous pen name, Nathaniel Droll. Her new family greets her with apathy and even resentment. Only the quiet houseguest, Silas Rotherham, welcomes her company.

When Aurelie decides to complete her father's unfinished serial novel, writing the family into the story as unflattering characters, she must keep her identity as Nathaniel Droll hidden while searching for the truth about her mother's disappearance--and perhaps even her father's death.

Author Joanna Davidson Politano's stunning debut set in Victorian England will delight readers with its highly original plot, lush setting, vibrant characters, and reluctant romance.

Pick up your copy here...
 
 
Joanna Davidson Politano freelances for a small nonfiction publisher but spends much of her time spinning tales that capture the colorful, exquisite details in ordinary lives. Her debut novel, Lady Jayne Disappears, releases October 3 from Revell. She lives with her husband and their two babies in a house in the woods and shares stories that move her at www.jdpstories.com 

My Thoughts...

Must read book of the year! I can't not write a review to do this book justice. It was remarkable, fantastic, un-put downable it was out of this world GREAT, I HIGHLY recommend this 5 star book you will not be sorry. It is the one book everyone who reads must read this year.
The plot, the characters, everything about this book was spot on.
I can't wait to read more by Politano.  If you are on my Christmas list you WILL be getting a copy of this book this year!
 The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are our own.

19 comments:

  1. This is a new author. sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are this excited about this book I can't wait to tell my wife about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you say I moist read it then I will read it. Can't wait to dive into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, I have been seeing this book all over facebook, it is getting rave reviews. You can guess what I'm doing today. Right, going to the book store for a copy of this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, you are the Winner! I will get your book right out to you!

      Delete
  5. Now i'm not sure it this is one that I want to get from the library or if I want to buy. Great review by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now this sounds like book I could curl up and get into on a nice cool evening. Thanks for your review and sharing it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never heard of this author but I am sure I would love this book! Thank, Mary for a wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to read this one. Put my name in the hat to win a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where did you find this author Mary? This book sounds so good. I have never heard of this author but I am sure glad I have heard about her now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! You sure know how to make a girl's day :) :) Thank you so much for the beautiful review, Mary, and for your support of authors! Following your blog--I really like your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my... what a review! This sounds like a book not to be missed, for sure!!!! Thank you for sharing, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cover is wonderful and the synopsis sounds intriguing! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've read a lot of rave reviews on this book, it's definitely on my want-to-read list! Great review Mary, thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love to Read It !!! Blessings ,DanaGirl

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been seeing this all over social media with raving reviews. I want to read this so badly. Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete