Thursday, November 2, 2017

Ordinary Graces By Lucinda McDowell



Everyone loves to receive a gift. And God has given us many, such as his grace—the gift we don’t deserve and can never earn. Promises from the One who declares we are already loved, already accepted, already created in his image. The question becomes, will we truly receive that gift? Will the reality of it actually change the way we think and notice and reach out?
God’s Word will stand forever, in any season of life. These truths prompt us to respond with compassion and courage.
Through inspiring devotions, Lucinda Secrest McDowell reveals biblical blessings that remind us that: God’s promises give us strength, God’s grace can be most evident at our weakest points, a proper response to our abundance of blessings is simply gratitude, and the “more” we are all looking for is the same abundant life that Jesus came to give us.
Would you like to receive these gifts of ordinary grace? Join Lucinda in focusing on one word a day through devotional readings and short benedictions for any and every season to explore the many facets of Grace, Strength, Gratitude, and Life.
 
 
 
Lucinda Secrest McDowell is passionate about embracing life — both through deep soul care from drawing closer to God, as well as living courageously in order to touch a needy world. A storyteller who engages both heart and mind, she offers “Encouraging Words” to all on the journey. A graduate of Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary and Furman University, Cindy is the author of 13 books, including Ordinary Graces, Dwelling Places, Live These Words, Refresh!, Quilts from Heaven and Role of a Lifetime. Whether co-directing the “reNEW - retreat for New England Wriitng,” mentoring young moms, or leading a restorative day of prayer, she is energized by investing in people of all ages. Cindy’s favorites include tea parties, good books, laughing friends, ancient prayers, country music, cozy quilts, musical theatre, and especially her family scattered around the world doing amazing things. She writes from “Sunnyside” cottage in New England and blogs weekly at EncouragingWords.net

My Thoughts...
 
This is not your typical devotional. You can pick a word for that day, One that makes you feel like you are wrapped in Jesus' arms and read it. It's small and ladies it will fit right in your purse, no matter where you are and what's going on this will be your go to pick me up everyday. It is written with such love and it's a very encouraging. I can't wait to read more from  McDowell.
This would make a great gift. I gave this Devotional 4 stars and I am recommending it to my friends.
The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are our own.

14 comments:

  1. Sounds really neat I would like to check this out,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can always use something to encourage me. maybe I will get one for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss. Jean you are the winner! I will get you book right to you! Congrats!

      Delete
  3. I will share this with some friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would be a great book to carry wherever you go and when you need an encouraging word, you would have it with you! Thanks Mary for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to buy a few copies of this for gifts this year. I will have to look for it while out shopping , I guess I better add it to my gift list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this on a friends desk yesterday. I need to order me one now. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Encouraging is what I need. That's what we all need.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great book! I think we could all benefit from this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adding this to my TBR!Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete