Sunday, February 18, 2018

Across the Blue By Carrie Turansky



Set in Edwardian England and ideal for readers who enjoy Julie Klassen novels, this romance about an English aviation pioneer and the girl who falls in love with him is filled with adventure and faith.Isabella Grayson, the eldest daughter of a wealthy, English newspaper magnate, longs to become a journalist, but her parents don't approve. They want her to marry well and help them gain a higher standing in society. After she writes an anonymous letter to the editor that impresses her father, her parents reluctantly agree she can write a series of articles about aviation and the race to fly across the English Channel, but only if she promises to accept a marriage proposal within the year. When James Drake, an aspiring aviator, crashes his flying machine at the Grayson's new estate, Bella is intrigued. James is determined to be the first to fly across the Channel and win the prize Mr. Grayson's newspaper is offering. He hopes it will help him secure a government contract to build airplanes and redeem a terrible family secret. James wants to win Bella's heart, but his background and lack of social standing make it unlikely her parents would approve. If he fails to achieve his dream, how will he win the love and respect he is seeking? Will Bella's faith and support help him find the strength and courage he needs when unexpected events turn their world upside down?

Pick up your copy here...
https://www.amazon.com/Across-Blue-Novel-Carrie-Turansky/dp/1601429428/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1517857128&sr=1-1&keywords=across+the+blue+carrie+turansky


Bestselling Inspirational Romance Author Carrie Turansky writes historical and contemporary novels and novellas set in England and the US. She has won the ACFW Carol Award, the Crystal Globe Award, and the International Digital Award. Readers say her stories are: "Heartwarming and inspiring! I couldn't put it down! . . . Touching love story. It captured me from the first page! Rich characters, beautifully written . . . My new favorite author!" Visit her website and sign up for her email newsletter at Carrie Turansky.com. Follow Carrie on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram

My Thoughts...

Historical book lovers, I have a book to add to your to be read pile.
Turansky has done it again and you are not going to want to miss this one.
Full of challenges and, love and faith. You can really tell that Turansky researched this book well.
I enjoyed it from the very first chapter until the end.
I gave this book 4 stars and I can't wait to read the next book b this gifted author.
The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views expressed are our own.

15 comments:

  1. I want to read this one after read about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this in the book group on facebook and had to see about it. It sounds like my kind of book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to my library on Friday, I will be adding this one to my list to get to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't care for historical fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not heard of this one, Renee' just might like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, you always share the best books with us. I am adding this one to my to be read list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful read. I have read Carries books before and surprisingly they are some of the best historical reads to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a fantastic read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to check this one out. Sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an outstanding cover! It certainly draws you to the book. Thank you for sharing this book, Mary. With such a good review, I think this might be a must read!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one is definitely already on my must-read list! Great review, thanks Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds Good .Blessings ,DanaGirl

    ReplyDelete